Reading Time: .
The first corona vaccination campaigns started in Germany shortly before the beginning of 2021. Myra protects the digital processes behind the campaigns from cyberattacks and overloads to ensure that everything runs smoothly and to instill trust.
Organizing the administration of COVID-19 vaccinations poses extraordinary challenges for health insurance funds, government agencies, and vaccination centers. In addition to the complex logistics involved in vaccine distribution, digital processes are critical for ensuring that everything runs smoothly at vaccination centers. Any mistake means delays in delivering vaccines and comes at a cost in public trust. That’s why every step, from registration to appointment scheduling, must work quickly and securely—even during peak loads or a cyberattack.
Digital attacks on official corona apps and information portals are unfortunately a daily reality. With the onset of the pandemic, politically and criminally motivated attacks on the healthcare sector have increased significantly in many areas. In addition, overloads occur from millions of simultaneous requests from people using an app or searching for information. Setting up a system in record time that works securely and reliably 24/7 under these extreme conditions requires experienced partners.
As a certified IT security provider for critical infrastructure, Myra Security protects the digital processes of a variety of vaccination campaigns. Experience shows that technology is of course an essential part of the security solution. However, a stable application also needs the seamless coordination of many stakeholders, for example the commissioning authority, the operator of the vaccination app, and the host. There is no room for error in this complex relationship.
Thanks to Myra, apps, websites, and portals for vaccinations and pandemic information run reliably and at a high level of performance at all times, allowing millions of people to access them concurrently. Among others, we protect the German Federal Government, the German Federal Ministry of Health (BMG), the German Federal Center for Health Education (BZgA), various state government agencies, and the North Rhine Association of Statutory Health Insurance Physicians (Kassenärztliche Vereinigung Nordrhein). We are happy to be contributing to the well-being of society with our technology.
Myra is the security partner for the healthcare sector
As a highly certified provider of protection for sensitive and critical infrastructure, we are the ideal partner for digitally protecting the healthcare sector:
- Many years of experience in the protection of critical infrastructure in the healthcare sector, including BMG, BZgA, the German Federal Government, Kassenärztliche Vereinigung Nordrhein, as well as (health) insurance companies
- BSI-KRITIS leader: Myra is the only provider to meet all 37 criteria of the Federal Office for Information Security (BSI) for qualified security service providers for critical infrastructure (KRITIS)
- Maximum certified quality: ISO 27001 (based on basic IT protection (IT-Grundschutz)), C5 (in progress), PCI-DSS certified, Trusted Cloud
- We meet all data protection and IT security requirements according to the IT Security Act (IT-SiG) and GDPR, including risk management and auditing
- Dedicated, multiple geo-redundant critical server infrastructure in Germany with up to 99.999 percent availability
- Made in Germany: full technical control, continuous development, 24/7 support from Germany via our Security Operations Center in Munich